Sunday, March 16, 2008

Activists prep for the Democratic Convention in Denver

Slapstick Politics has a good round-up of the self-described anarchist groups preparing to "Recreate '68" not fifteen miles from my house.

Slapstick Politics links to a Westword essay wryly observing one anarchists' organization meeting, and also a blog called Crash the Conventions.

If dozens of radicals really are coming to Denver to pick a fight, I do not envy the task of the Denver police department. Downtown Denver is astoundingly pretty. Both the hotel near the convention center and the convention center itself are glass houses. The last thing the city needs is a rock-throwing riot.

Though I had pondered whether to leave town the weekend of the convention, I may possibly obtain press credentials for the convention and find myself reporting from the belly of the beast.

No comments: